For the day's schedule and topics - click HERE.
For the list of speakers - click HERE.
EARLY BIRD RATE of $60 until March 19 - $70 after March 19. Special rate for LLLC Leaders
Price includes light breakfast, lunch and 2 nutritional breaks. Door prizes, too!
The purpose of this one day event is to ensure the support needed is there when Alberta parents are seeking information, advice, and support around breastfeeding. The conference is directed toward midwives and doulas but is open to any and all health care providers who work with breastfeeding families, before and/or after the birth of a baby. The conference intends to provide the following;
1. An introduction to La Leche League Canada and the support provided by Leaders for both parents and educators on assisting families in breastfeeding an infant.
2. How La Leche League Leaders and birth support providers can work together to accomplish breastfeeding success for those families.
3. Practical information on how to get breastfeeding off to a good start both before and after birth, ensures that more Alberta babies benefit from the healthy gift of human milk.
4. Information on why human milk is more than just nutrition. It is a health asset for the mother, and a positive economic choice for families.
5. How to help breastfeeding initiation and continuance when a baby is diagnosed with tongue tie.
6. Fulfill Step 10 of the Baby Friendly Initiative which advocates for community breastfeeding support for breastfeeding beyond that found in birth centres and hospitals.
Attendance certificates available.
Questions? Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
To reserve a room at the Riviera Plaza Hotel call (403) 250-8855 and ask for the "LLLC-AB/NWT Conference" room rate.
Hotel Room Rate: $65 plus tax . This does not include Breakfast or Shuttle Service.
Plaza Room Rate : $75 plus tax. This includes Breakfast and Shuttle Service.
Calgary, AB T1Y 7E3
|Early Bird fee (rec'd on or before March 19th)||$ 60.00|