National Breastfeeding Week Celebrations
In Canada, we celebrate National Breastfeeding Week this year from October 1st to 7th, but many communities will start celebrations on Saturday September 29th. For 2018, the theme as chosen by the World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) is: Breastfeeding: Foundation of Life
Watch their video HERE.
and for more details visit HERE
This year La Leche League Canada is sharing knowledge about the early days of breastfeeding, chestfeeding, and human milk feeding to continue the Foundation of Life theme from World Breastfeeding Week 2018 in August.
- know your colostrum - click here to find out more
- establish your supply - click here to find out more
- fill baby's tummy - click here to find out more
- heal yourself - click here to find out more
- get free LLLC support - click here to find out more
For more information and frequently asked questions click here.
For additional information sheets click here.
Celebrate by attending an event
There are events happening all over Canada and we hope you are able to participate in events in your community. Quintessence has a large listing of events across Canada and you can click here to search by province.
Some local La Leche League Canada Groups and Area Chapters will be hosting events such as this one from LLLC Newmarket in Ontario.
Join us as we celebrate Canada's Breastfeeding Week with exciting presentations, refreshments and prizes!
9:00 AM Registration
9:30 - 11:00 AM Dr Jack Newman; What You Really Need to Know about Breastfeeding ☆ Pre Order Your Jack Newman's Guide to Breastfeeding for signing
11:00 Latch On
11:30-12:30 Michelle Branco; Nourish and nurture: how parenting in disasters shows us what really matters.
In a world filled with inequality, crises and poverty, breastfeeding is the foundation of lifelong good health for babies and mothers. World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) 2018: Breastfeeding: Foundation for Life
Other ways to celebrate?
- share your story with us for future publication by clicking here
- make a donation in support of breastfeeding here
- enter our 2018 photo contest to win prizes, including autographed copies of 'The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding', and unautographed copies of both 'The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding' and 'Sweet Sleep'
- contest closes Oct 31, 2018
Rules & Regulations;
- entrants must be submitted by a consenting adult over the age of 18 years old
- open to all Canadian residents (outside of the province of Quebec)
- photos can be of any breastfeeding, chestfeeding, human milk feeding, baby, baby and parent, or family content
- photos can be submitted via our online photo submission form by clicking here, or by sending the photos and completed waivers together directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- photos shared on social media will not be considered as a submission to this contest, as it is difficult to track entries or see them all if not shared publicly from a private account
- a signed photo waiver must be submitted with each entry and you can download a copy by clicking here; when submitting a photo taken by you, you agree that it is your own image and that the subject(s), people in the photo, have given their consent to release the photo publicly; photo waivers are required for contact information to connect with the chosen winner(s)
- if you are submitting a photo as a photographer, please ensure you have both the subject(s) waiver completed as well as the photographer photo release form submitted with each entry and you can download a copy of the photographer form by clicking here; photographer release forms are required for contact information to connect with the chosen winner(s)
- contest entry closes October 31, 2018 at 11:59pm and winners will be announced in early November
- any inappropriate submissions, or social media tags, including but not limited to mature or explicit content, will result in the entrant being removed from the contest
for questions or issues with your submissions, please contact us at email@example.com