5 TIPS FOR NURSING A BABY WITH DOWN SYNDROME
- Latching can be a challenge. Doing hand expression in the first weeks can help keep your milk production up. You can switch to pumping when your production increases.
- Expressed milk can be offered in a bottle if needed.
- Use pillows to help support your baby and find a comfortable position.
- Using a Supplemental Nursing System (SNS) at the breast can help your baby get additional expressed milk with less exertion.
- Find a way that works for you!