Communication Skills to Empower Breastfeeding, Chestfeeding, and Human Milk Feeding Families
6 L-CERPs have been allocated by IBLCE for this course for those who have not previously taken the Communication Skills for Breastfeeding Support course.
IBLCE verification number: C2022289.
The La Leche League Canada Communication Skills to Empower Breastfeeding, Chestfeeding, and Human Milk Feeding Families course is offered entirely online and includes 6 hours of instruction and practice led by experienced instructors.
This interactive course will give IBCLCs, health providers, community workers, and
peer supporters an opportunity to learn about and practise effective, empathetic, and
empowering communication skills.
What La Leche League course attendees have to say:
“Lots of good information and things to apply in my own practice.”
“Thank you so much – the connections made were also so valuable!”
“Great discussions! I'm excited to take away skills learned today to help my clients.
Love the charts in the package as a reminder.”
- The importance of connecting, communicating to identify feelings.”
- [How to] Empower women.”
- How communication is so important.”
- [To] Engage partners.”
- [How to] Provide suggestions, not advice.”
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- understand the importance of good communication skills when interacting with individuals and families
- demonstrate several communication skills to empower parents and families who are breastfeeding, chestfeeding, or feeding human milk (Listening Skills, Developing Self-Empathy and Empathy, Understanding Communication Styles, Showing Empathy and Providing Emotional Support, Overcoming and Removing Barriers, Re-framing, and Inviting Engagement)
- ask questions to gather necessary and helpful information in order to support breastfeeding, chestfeeding, and human milk feeding
- understand their role in the continuum of breastfeeding support and the importance of working together in the community
- create safer, more respectful, and more inclusive spaces for parents help parents reflect and problem-solve
- identify situations in which parents or families need additional or different kinds of help
- apply communication skills to a variety of helping situations
Please share this poster with others who may be interested.
For more information, please contact Jo-Anne via email@example.com.
Upcoming course information: Register here
Cost: $100, includes course and materials
Minimum 5, Maximum 12.