Breastfeeding Information Sheets
LLLC Information Sheets are available here (or use "Information Sheet" tab in left-hand menu). You are welcome to download and to share with friends and clients. Check back frequently for new and revised Information Sheets.
Best For Babies: Prenatal Breastfeeding Classes
These breastfeeding classes have been specially developed to meet the needs of expectant parents and are facilitated by accredited La Leche League Leaders. For more information please click here: Best For Babies Classes
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled a set of frequently asked questions here. You may find answers to your questions there.
Contacting a Leader
If you need specific information about a breastfeeding problem, please contact a La Leche League Leader to discuss your situation. You will find Groups organized by province under the "Get Help" tab. If there is no local Leader you can also submit an on-line help-form from this page.
La Leche League Canada has one active blog and two archived blogs:
- Thursday's Tip archived posts that cover a wide range of topics - from green milk to jaundice
- Supporting Breastfeeding has posts every Monday linked to Wordpress.com
- Archived Grandma Drama contains posts from grandmothers supporting their daughters and daughters-in-law as they breastfeed the grandchildren
Check out the Canadian, US and International publications of interest to breastfeeding families. Some have now become blogs. Use the Publications tab in the left hand menu.
Breastfeeding & Breastmilk Information Articles
This collection of older articles may be of interest. Please be aware that information changes over time.
- Human Milk Is Green* (*ecologically speaking)
- Tips for Breastfeeding Success
- Breastfeeding in Emergency and Disaster Situations
- Worried about H1N1?
- Breastfeeding and Dirt
- Breastfeeding Benefits Mum too
- Making Milk
- Milk Supply Challenges
- Breastfeeding and Sleep
How can LLLC provide support to you? What happens at an LLLC meeting? Take a minute to watch our PSA video, then click on Get Help for contact information of an LLLC Leader and the Group meeting information nearest you!
Breastfeeding and Family Life
- Breastfed children and attachment objects
- Dealing with thoughtless remarks
- The value of what mothers do each day
- What to tell the grandparents
- Emergency Family Dinner
Personal Breastfeeding Stories (if you would like to share your breastfeeding story please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- My Relactation Story
- Lynnelle's Story: From NICU to Healthy Little Girl
- Tawnya's Story
- Tandem Nursing
- Milk Supply Challenges
- From Busy Mother to Businesswoman
- Sometimes things go differently than you had planned (breastfeeding twins)
- Am I really a breastfeeding mother?
Here are some documents and links to resources you might find useful. Inclusion of resources and links does not imply endorsement of the material or organization by LLLC.
- Baby Feeding Cues poster from Queensland Health
This Tuesday, November 29th is GIVING TUESDAY, a time for giving and giving...
The Board of Directors of La Leche League Canada, would like to invite...