Thanks everyone for your participation in this exciting new venture for LLL Canada and AB/NWT! Stay tuned for the link to the recording that will be emailed to you via firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to mark that email as NOT spam to ensure it goes to your inbox and not your spam folder.
For the list of speakers and their bios - click HERE.
Attendance certificates will be emailed after the event and winners of the 15 mini LLLC libraries will be posted here on April 10th.
Draw will be made from the evaluation forms received before noon on April 10th.
15 chances to win a mini library of LLL books: Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, Jack Newman's Guide to Breastfeeding, Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May and Sweet Sleep along with a set of LLLC Information Sheets for new parents!
Questions? Contact: email@example.com
The purpose of this one day event is to ensure the support needed is there when parents are seeking information, advice, and support around breastfeeding. The conference is directed toward midwives and doulas but is open to any and all health care providers who work with breastfeeding families, before and/or after the birth of a baby. The conference intends to provide the following;
1. An introduction to La Leche League Canada and the support provided by Leaders for both parents and educators on assisting families in breastfeeding an infant.
2. How La Leche League Leaders and birth support providers can work together to accomplish breastfeeding success for those families.
3. Practical information on how to get breastfeeding off to a good start both before and after birth, ensures that more Alberta babies benefit from the healthy gift of human milk.
4. Information on why human milk is more than just nutrition. It is a health asset for the mother, and a positive economic choice for families.
5. How to help breastfeeding initiation and continuance when a baby is diagnosed with tongue tie.
6. Fulfill Step 10 of the Baby Friendly Initiative which advocates for community breastfeeding support for breastfeeding beyond that found in birth centres and hospitals.
|Conference fee||$ 40.00|